Our founders thank you for the support you have been giving us all these years and wish you lots of love, health and peace. Join us in flipping through the calendar and let’s look forward to 2023 together!
Dear friends, donors, partners, and all those who follow us around the world and support the work of our Foundation for many years, the holiday season always reminds us that, when united, we can help even more and provide support where it is most needed.
We thank everyone who has joined our Season of Giving. We are getting closer to our goal! It won’t be long before we help 100 children in Odzaci to start preschool. This year, we used the holiday season to bring joy to children in the entire Eastern Serbia, and gave them presents.
May the New Year bring us all lots of love, good health, peace of mind, shared family moments and plenty of memories that will last a lifetime. On our own and the whole Foundation’s Team behalf, thank you for always being with us, for supporting our work, and for trusting us.
Together with you, we will strive to continue to expand our mission and fulfill children’s dreams.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,
Novak & Jelena Djokovic
You can watch the video of their New Year’s greeting at this link.
And what did we do together this year and in what ways did help children and support parents throughout our country and the region? Let’s start from the beginning…
- We successfully completed our most successful Season of Giving ever, during which we raised EUR 346,315; half of which was donated by our founders.
- At the Pavilion of the Republic of Serbia at EXPO Dubai, we presented our work to the international community. At the head of our delegation were the founders Novak and Jelena Djokovic.
- We participated at the Milano Marathon as silver partners, where we raised funds for our new Feel to Heal program.
- The new cycle of the program „Support, not perfection“ marked the opening of the new Centers for parents within the partnership with Generali osiguranje Srbija and The Human Safety Net.
- Opening of our 50th preschool in Veliki Popovic.
- Our 61st preschool in Svrljig.
- The „Path of a Champion“ program organized a panel discussion on International Sports Day. On this occasion, the new edition of the Handbook for parents of young athletes was also promoted.
- We were presented with a Charter of Friendship by the Puppet Theater „Pinocchio“ on their 50th anniversary.
- We received the gold plaque „Benefactor“ in the field of charity work.
- The opening of a preschool in Brzi Brod from the funds collected during the Season of Giving campaign.
- Through the Walk of Pleasure, we announced a partnership with the Belgrade Marathon.
- We joined the Association of Dramatic Artists of Serbia at the humanitarian play „The Ship Sails for the Miners’ Children“
- We supported The Human Safety Net Global Challenge.
- We organized a webinar on the topic of Sibling Relationships
- The 100th study room opened within the project „Inclusive early childhood education and care“
- We organized the second webinar on the topic of Sibling Relationships
- Welcoming our founder Novak Djokovic to Belgrade after winning Wimbledon
- Increased activity of blog posts and active preparations for the last quarter
- The Conversation on Parenting with Dr. Shefali and Jelena Djokovic delighted the audience in Ljubljana, Zagreb and Belgrade
- Donated equipment to the City Organization of the Deaf in Belgrade as part of the Global Challenge
- The Original platform organized a conference on entrepreneurship – Original Boost
- The Union of FON students supported the work of the Foundation via the Humanitarian Sports Tournament
- The Inclusive Early Childhood Education and Care project achieved its goal months ahead of the schedule
- The fourth panel of the Path of Champions program was held, entitled „Talent in sports – truth or myth?“
- We attended the regional conference „Safety and Responsibility“
- We attended the Education Fair with our partners, the Ministry of Education
- We celebrated Children’s Week in Serbia
- We opened our 53rd preschool in Boljevac through a partnership with Hyatt Regency Belgrade
- Opened our 54th preschool – „Blue Star“ in Sajlovo, from the funds collected during the Season of Giving
- The Novak Djokovic Foundation delegation attended Networks 2022 in Venice – the annual conference of our partners The Human Safety Net
- We held a workshop for parents in Ljubljana
- A new Season of Giving officially began
- We celebrated International Volunteer Day
- We held workshops in 10 places where we equipped study rooms as part of the „Inclusive early childhood education and care“ project
- We held a webinar entitled Where there is good will, the situation is better – I choose nonviolence!
- We distributed New Year’s presents to 400 children in Eastern Serbia
During this year, the most significant projects have been: the opening of 5 new preschools with the support of our partners and donors, with which we have come to 54. Also, within the project „Inclusive Early Childhood Education and Care“ 3,200 places have been secured for children in preschools throughout Serbia. Our signature programs, „Support, not Perfection“ and „The Path of the Champion“ continued to provide much-needed support to parents, while Dr. Shefali‘s guest appearances were the real icing on the cake.
Before we sign out, we would like to thank you for supporting another Season of Giving campaign â€” this time for the opening of a new preschool in Odzaci. We are very close to reaching the goal of 50 thousand euros. And all that thanks to you! Don’t forget that, like every year, Novak and Jelena will match all your donations! We are convinced that we will reach the goal together, and we very extremely grateful for that.
Once again, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!